PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Watatime respects your concern about privacy and values the relationship we have with you.
This statement is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and it represents Watatime’s policy with regards to the collection, usage, processing and disclosure of your personal data for purposes set out below.
Watatime will receive and collect your Personal Data.
You may choose to provide your Personal Data to Watatime in a number of ways, such as when you apply for Watatime Card membership or participate in an offer or promotion. The type of Personal Data you may provide to Watatime includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and mobile or other phone numbers), age, NRIC no., and date of birth, gender and any other personal information.
- Content you provide (such as photographs and comments).
Your Personal Data will be kept confidential but your Personal Data may be used and/or disclosed by Watatime for the following purposes:
(a) To process your membership application and to store your Personal Data during your membership period. (b) To collect, compile, process, analyse and maintain your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals by Watatime from time to time for customer relationship management usage. (c) To contact and communicate with you and to provide you with any marketing information, services or products and administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs and survey (for research and marketing purposes to analyse customer profile, behaviour, trends and activities). (d) To facilitate access to and use of Watatime Website and mobile services relating to your Watatime Card Membership. (e) To respond to any queries and questions from you. (f) For disclosure to the following parties:-
- Sharing and transferring your Personal Data to other entities of Watatime Group; and
- Sharing and transferring your Personal Data to Watatime’s third party service providers for marketing purposes, letter shopping, text messaging and other modes of communication.
- Sharing of your Personal Data with all Watatime’s merchant partners who participate in extending discount, promotion, gifts, redemption and services to Watatime Card Members to facilitate the merchant participation programme.
Watatime will ensure that all parties mentioned above will be required to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data they received.
(g) For fraud prevention and detection; and (h) To disclose to all relevant authorities/parties as required under the law to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and directives.
• You may submit a request by email or letter to Watatime for any of the following:
(a) If you do not wish to receive any marketing communication from Watatime. (b) If you wish for Watatime to stop processing your Personal Data for marketing purposes or any direct marketing purposes. (c) If you wish for Watatime not to disclose your Personal Data to any party as mentioned above. (d) If you wish to change the manner in which Watatime is allowed to process your Personal Data as mentioned in paragraph 4(a) to (c) above; or (e) If you wish to access and/or make any corrections to your Personal Data.
Customer Service Department
Watatime (M) Sdn. Bhd.
No 36-1 & 36-2, Jalan 4/91, Taman Shamelin Perkasa,
Cheras, 56100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your Personal Data. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your Personal Data will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products, promotions or services.
- Watatime reserves the right to revise the conditions under this statement on “Privacy and Personal Data Policy” from time to time and any material revision will be communicated to you through Watatime communication materials. You shall be deemed to have agreed to such revision(s) without objection if you do not withdraw your consent to Watatime on the usage, storage, processing and disclosure of your Personal Data.
- By providing your Personal Data to Watatime and signing this application form, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the conditions under this statement on “Privacy and Personal Data Policy”.
- In the event of any conflict between the various versions in other languages of this Privacy and Personal Data statement, the English version shall prevail.